Brief: This company's new self-directed IRA investment product will introduce a more intuitive and seamless investment account management and trading experience, new asset allocation capabilities and a more diverse investment menu which aims to appeal to a broader range of customers in the retail retirement market.
- Working within a restrictive data infrastructure, the design needs to accommodate multiple limitations due to investments positioned on multiple databases.
- The company is also in the middle of a rebrand where only the public pages have been rebranded; the secure pages will require newly rebranded components which will ultimately need to work globally across various investment product user flows.
- Successfully completed phase 1 of 3 where we enhanced the trading capability, allowing users to add brokerage investments to their IRA which produced an increase of account opening by 55%.
- Created a more intuitive, self-directed trading experience for a user to build their own portfolio through a shopping cart experience using new rebranded UI components.
- Integrated the ability to add additional investment capability.
- Agile: Using agile methodologies, the program divided into 6 workstreams with a UX lead per workstream. I led the investing and account management workstreams.
- User flow/Pathing: Analyzed the user flows on both new and existing IRA customers, identified the pain points around the complexities of investing, and created various journey maps highlighting emotions that a user has along each step of investing.
- Ideas & Wireframing: Sketched various solutions for helping users discover the information needed to accomplish their goals.
- Usability Testing: Held several usability tests, both formal and informal, using various including clickable prototypes in Axure and card-sorting apps online.
- Design: Applied user feedback and created final designs for 3 different breakpoints using rebranded UI components which have been added to the new company style guide.